The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
July 09, 2020, 09:52:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I really a Capricorn?  (Read 1166 times)
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:48:36 AM »

A reader writes in:
Hi Deirdre,

I am a January x 1988 Capricorn and I have been wondering about my sign for a long time now. Everything that I read about Capricorn seems so unlike me. I identify with both of my neighboring signs way more then I do with my own. I think I could honestly be a Sagittarius or an Aquarius. They both really seem to fit my personality, almost a mix between the two. I read somewhere that the dates that determine the sign are different in western astrology. According to Sidereal astrology or the position of the constellations I would be considered a Sagittarius. What do you think? Which horoscope should I read for, Capricorn or Sagittarius? I would love to hear your opinion on this matter. Thank you soooo much!

..........          ..........          ..........          ..........          ..........          ..........          ..........          ..........

My response:
You are in fact a Capricorn. Here is your chart: http://tinyurl.com/3j4xgm The Sun was at 15 degrees Capricorn when you were born. So definitely read Capricorn.

But don't stop there. I do also see the connection you mentioned to Sagittarius and Aquarius. The ruler of your Sun sign, Capricorn, is Saturn, and in the year you were born, Saturn was conjunct, (together mixed in with) Uranus, the ruler of Aquarius, thus the familiarity you feel with Aquarius. Furthermore, Uranus and Saturn were both in the sign Sagittarius. It was a historic time during this rare configuration. Little did anyone know, that when you were born, the Berlin Wall would fall the following year. Similarly, this rare conjunction of Uranus and Saturn in Sagittarius may also describe your peer group. It may be that your peer group in general including  the other signs too, feel a little bit like Sagittarians and Aquarians also.

I think the way this conjunction effects you compared with the pure text book version of Capricorn, is you may be more optimistic (because of the Sagittarius influence) and less hung up on tradition (because of the Aquarius influence). That's my impression of how it might feel to be you.

I think when magazine and newspaper horoscope writers, like Eric Francis, write monthly and weekly horoscopes, my sense is go for reading Capricorn first, process thoroughly. Then, mix in a few tablespoons of Sagittarius, and lots of dashes of Aquarius, to taste.

Do you know the exact time you were born? That will most likely shed even a lot more light on your multi faceted chart, I calculated yours noon, just to be able to create the basic idea.

Cheers to you
Deirdre

To see this answer with accompanying illustrations and chart, click here:
http://tinyurl.com/43za9k
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 04:07:21 AM by deirdre » Logged

Want a personal reading?
Contact me at deirdre@planetwaves.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: