The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
October 24, 2020, 10:15:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quit "career" a week ago, where to next  (Read 1327 times)
Christina B
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:00:54 AM »

Dear ASR:

What a privilege to ask a question here! Ok, here goes - last Tuesday 8/29 about 1:30pm pst, I quit my job. I put it as "career" in subject line because although this was a just a job, it was at the end of almost 13 years doing primarily the same kind of thing; administrative assistant work. I have been saddened and frustrated for quite a while, using my skills and energy to handle all the details so that someone else's aims and dreams can be facilitated. I actually feel liberated by the fact that I can no longer rely on or settle for this kind of work.

In gratitude for all it has provided me up till now, I had to slam that door shut. Problem is I still don't know what door to open so that I can even get clarity as to what my dreams are, let alone get them off the ground. Also, the last four years have been such a challenge interrupted by tons of joy as well. What's up?

-- Courtney
http://planetwaves.net/chart.php?c=Courtney
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:12:10 AM by deirdre » Logged
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 12:01:40 PM »

Dear Courtney,

Thank you for your question. With Sagittarius on your Midheaven, the angle that indicates our place in the world and that suggests something of the nature of our vocation, it is clear that the work that you do needs to have some meaning for you and connect you with something larger in the world. There is a need to be passionate about what you do for a living. People with Sagittarius in this place are teachers, explorers, travellers, philosophers, scholars or do something connected to spirituality and/or religion.

Two things seem to be happening for you right now astrologically and in your mid life when you are naturally questioning your place in the world and what you need to be doing. People at this time of life often need to look at where their passion is and embark on a process to discover what their soul is really longing for.

The archetypal dynamics of Pluto and also Uranus are particularly active for you right now. The sudden break of quitting your job speaks to the revolutionary quality of Uranus. It seems that it has contributed to the need to break free from confining circumstances that don't reflect who you are as a person.  Pluto as well has been active in your chart for several years affecting your identity, your status in the world and also how you think about it. Pluto strips us of everything that is false in our lives and gets us to the essence of who we are. It also gives an opportunities to work through self-concepts that limit us from living our potential.   

Both planetary energies are giving you an opportunity to do some soul searching around the second half of your life and where to go next.

Best of luck to you
Christina
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: