The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
May 28, 2020, 05:46:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just quit my job. What would be next?  (Read 2434 times)
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 10, 2006, 03:26:46 AM »

This is the conundrum I have been dealing with right now.  I am familiar with astrology and I dabble for friends who have questions in the hope that I can make them feel better about why things happen and how they can better deal with it. But alas, I can't seem to address my own quest. 

Just quit my job and don't know what would be next.  Will highly appreciate wisdom on my natal chart.

Blessings and thanks to you

Cecille

http://planetwaves.net/chart.php?c=Cecille

Want a personal reading?
Contact me at deirdre@planetwaves.net
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 03:52:13 AM »

Dear Cecille,

Nice to hear from a colleague.

It's interesting that you ask what would be next. You mean what would you do next if you got to do what you like to do, what comes naturally and what you do with your friends anyway? You mean what would be next if you weren't doing it already? My instinct is do more of what you are doing. It's okay to ask, accept and receive money for it. It's okay to advertise, and say that you do it. How you do it is perfect. And it's okay to do lots lots more of it, just ask your friends. Wouldn't they agree? Wouldn't you?

Love,
Deirdre

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:02:27 AM by deirdre » Logged

Want a personal reading?
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:09:45 AM »

Hi Deirdre,

It must be difficult and frustrating when someone lumps a question in the hope that several issues can be addressed at one time.  Looking at my chart, I seem to be preparing for my 2nd saturn return in 2 years time. My recollection of saturn opposing neptune issue year 1988-89 was basically what transpired 31 august this year (which was couple of days ago). Issues with the boss.  "different clowns, same circus".

Please translate for me the following:  a) my first saturn return dealt with my marriage being annulled (saturn being on the 4th).  I dealt with that issue by devoting my entire time to career.  b) Saturn opposing neptune--I practically had what you may call "a love affair with my company". I had the passion and got paid well for it. I took the early retirement three years ago, and for several months was on sabbatical leave in USA visiting my daughter.  Then the President of the same company invited me back as his Executive Assistant.  I accepted.  But lately I was beginning to feel that I was compromising a lot of my personal values as he was highly politicized and I am a very apolitical individual.  b) how do I prepare for the 2nd saturn return. I am not too good in progressed charts and I dread being idle and financially in want.

Blessings to you.  Cecille

Want a personal reading?
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:29:12 AM »

Dear Cecille,

The humble talent you portrayed in giving your friends readings really came through to me. That you approach a reading intending that your client, or in this case, friend, feels better about why things happen, and that you want to empower them to deal with change in their lives

Want a personal reading?
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 04:35:25 AM »

Deirdre,

Gosh!  I was actually blushing over your reply. You have certainly put a lot of things into perspectives with one blow.  I am passionate about astrology but I haven't earned my the right to charge for readings In fact, I still ask my friend (who charges me) to have my own transits VALIDATED. There are a few astrologers here in the Philippines, but I feel they lack integrating the spiritual aspects of the chart that the outcome is, 'clients' become dependent on readings and it just proves to be too costly.

My approach to addressing people's personal concerns is:  I ask for their natal info, print then analyze the aspects and make them more aware of who they are.  Beyond that, I am very short on everything else.  The rest is probably intuition that plays a part.  And if the individual wants more (and they can't afford to pay for a professional reading) I lend them basic books on astrology to start them out (probably more of a cop out for me so they won't see my inadequacies on the subject. Ha Ha Ha!)

It's been barely two weeks since I quit and I am still in the process of licking 'wounds'.  And if I had a windfall now, I'd be off somewhere getting a degree in Astrology in a foreign country so I can teach and counsel and start living!

And it had to take a Deirdre to open my eyes to possibilities.

Thanks and blessings and love to you.

Cecille

Want a personal reading?
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 02:39:08 PM »

Dear Cecille,

Just fly with your transitting Chiron conjuncting the midheaven!
In fact, you have already started.

Love,

Deirdre

Want a personal reading?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: