The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
August 12, 2020, 05:21:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is my calling?  (Read 3095 times)
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:34:35 PM »

Hello,

Back in July I had a reading from a clairvoyant/psychic who also used tarot cards. She told me that I was a healer and that I was born with this ability. My life's work she said was to be a spiritual healer. I am a wife and mother of two but have always wondered what my true calling was. My question is can an ability for healing be seen in a birth chart like musical, sporting or writing talents.

Thank you
Love Sue

PS I was born 6th October 1958 at 2.05AM in Wokingham England

http://planetwaves.net/chart.php?c=Sue
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 02:26:19 AM by deirdre » Logged
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 05:07:32 AM »

Dear Sue:

From a striclty shall we say neoclassical perspective, yes, it's possble to see a gift for healing in a chart, and in yours that turns up as Chiron retrograde in the 6th. This is what some astrologers have called a 'master healer' placement. But the information is from the past, i.e., because of the retrograde, the insinuation is past lives or some genetic memory.

The thing about this kind of talent is, once you embark on a course of training of the whatever the right modality is for you, you can spontaneously start to 'remember' stuff. It's like it all comes back to you. Now, no guarantees there - but I'm suggesting that you will likely find you have a knack for the work and it feels like the right thing to be dong.

But I suggest you find yourself a good teacher of the hand's on healing variety. There are many places to get information, but I propose that one would be the Harry Edwards Sanctauary.

http://www.harryedwards.org.uk/home.html

In any event, I assure you that you have a lot to offer -- and that you'll find out just how much when you start to do just that. The thing is, you've now had two esoteric consultants tell you the same thing, but that does not qualify for inner guidance. So, I'm wondering what you're really hearing in there -- the nature of the debate, or the nature of your beliefs about yourself. Please do drop a note back if you have a moment.

Thank you for writing in.

e
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 05:12:00 AM by Eric Francis » Logged
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:07:20 PM »

Dear Sue,

If I were told I had the capabilities to be a healer, but I was driving car pool, going to PTA meetings and having my days filled up full time with my two kids, I would wonder how and if I would get from here to there. I sense from your letter that you are withholding excitement until it is proven that there is something to be excited about. But to me you also already seem at the point of no return.

Eric just mentioned your Chiron retrograde in the sixth house as one of the astrological indicators pointing to your talents. I just noticed that the exact Saturn-Neptune transitting oppostion is exactly aligned with your natal Chiron NOW. And that means your path is being exactly cleared NOW. Take notice what is happening in your life. Time is freeing you up and giving you the space and quiet to do what you need. Your sense of awareness may feel expanding

Want a personal reading?
Contact me at deirdre@planetwaves.net
Chelsea
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 10:30:34 PM »

Hey Sue, I'm going to throw my opinion into the mix too, I hope you don't feel bombarded Smiley
I'd be willing to bet you've got more than one calling in this lifetime, really we all do. Sit on down and ask yourself a few questions. Did the psychic's suggestion resonate with you? Are you being the best person you can be at this point in your life? Do you feel like you are growing? Do you feel fulfilled? If not, what's missing? You've got all the tools you need to figure out what your calling is right inside your own sweet self. So just listen, and you'll hear what's calling you! Yours, Chelsea
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 01:41:52 PM »

Thank you for answering my question.

Interesting that you talk about Chiron as an indicator of a healing talent. I guess that for me then the wounded healer archetype would be appropriate. In 1993 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I felt that my world had fallen apart. Something inside told me to meditate. So I taught myself to meditate and used visualizaton to regain feeling in my limbs and especially my fingers. I embraced aromatherapy, homeopathy and yoga and changed my diet. I always loved gardening so as my health improved I grew my own (and still do) organic fruit and vegetables. I am now in remission. I feel that I have learnt so much and have no regrets about my illness except that my kids missed out on having a mum that could do the things that other mothers did.

I suppose deep down I already knew that healing was what I wanted to do but God was it wonderful to hear someone confirm it. I have been conditioned since childhood to doubt myself and I'm trying very hard to ignore some of my family's unhelpful remarks.

I've just this weekend enrolled myself on a weeks intensive healing course in October with a lovely local healer. I'm really excited about this new phase of my life. I'll let you know how I get on.
deirdre
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 08:25:26 AM »

Hi Deidre

You asked about my Mother's pregnancy with regards Uranus in my 12th house opposing Chiron. Well I have discovered from my father that she lost a baby at about 7 months into her pregnancy before she had me.

This is something she has never told me and in fact my father hadn't until now. I am not really close to either of my parents as they divorced when I was 15 and my mother has a capricorn moon. She is much closer to my younger brother who is also a Capricorn. I don't think that I could have kept the death of one of my children so secret for so long. The clairvoyant asked me if I had a sister to which of course I replied that I hadn't but now of course I probably should answer yes. She was spot on with everything else.

Thank you so much for your insight Deirdre. I would probably never have asked my father the question. A part of me feels as if things are opening up and clearing just as you mentioned. And the other part is just having a bit of trouble keeping up with what IS changing for me. It feels as if my spititual self is waking up. The clairvoyant told me that I was a really good channeller. So now the blocks are clearing and now that I believe that I can do it (healing) the channel is wide open.

Love and gratitude

Sue

PS. Does my Pluto on the ascendant help my healing? Pluto seems to be playing a big part in a lot of the questions asked.

Want a personal reading?
Contact me at deirdre@planetwaves.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: