The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
September 21, 2020, 12:16:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timing visit to Dad  (Read 1947 times)
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:12:12 PM »

Hi Eric, Deidre, Paloma, Chelsea and anyone else I may have missed,

I'm thinking about contacting my Dad with whom I've been out of touch with for most of my life. It's a feeling that comes up every few years and sometimes I've acted on it but it's always been bittersweet results.

My parents divorced when I was 9 at which point my mom and I moved away. I saw him twice after that during holidays, I was perhaps 11 and 14 at the time. I haven't seen him since. I managed to track down a phone number for him back in 1995, took the plunge and called. He told me I upset my grandmother by calling out of the blue. I needed answers and explanations, needed to understand who he was and why things went the way they did. His response, I felt, was not very honest or adult. I didn't get a sense of closure from the exchange and didn't feel welcomed to keep in contact. He said he'd like to hear from me but I couldn't hear it sincerely. Then I lost his contact details.

Over the years, I kept checking if he was listed or not. He finally has a listed number and address and I'm debating contacting him. My first question is whether there is an auspicous time in the next few months where I might have a better chance of healthy communication with him or where he may be receptive to establishing some kind of longterm contact.

And secondly, what jumps out in his chart that could help me understand him better, or between our charts if that's more relevant.

Me... January 3, 1973 Windsor Ontario Canada 6:45 am

Dad... September 26, 1945 Cakovec Croatia (no birthtime available)

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Annette

http://planetwaves.net/chart.php?c=Annette
http://planetwaves.net/chart.php?c=Dad_of_Annette
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:56:21 AM by deirdre » Logged
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:20:29 PM »

Hi Anette,

I might take a look at your charts with more care in the next couple of days. For now, i just wanted to give you my gut opinion, based on my life experience of not knowing my own father, and of not having being able to find him listed anywhere, of not being able to go through the inner dilemma you are living. So... this is subjective and personal, even intimate, but i feel compelled to share it with you. If i knew i could meet my father and have him in front of me, i would not wait for the right astrological timing to do so. I would just go for it. Even if i felt like dying.

Your father is right there. He might be difficult, he might move all your deep emotional wounds, and make you feel vulnerable; you might feel fear, rage, rejection, love, need...but he is there. He is your father, your blood, and he is alive in the here and now.

So, i say go for it, work it through, voice your feelings, push his buttons, make it happen. Call him. Meet him. You have no idea what might happen tomorrow. Life is here and now.

Push yourself, dear. You have a father and that is a blessing.

Life is far from being perfect, it just is.

Much strength and love to you,

Paloma

BTW... Pluto has crossed your ascendant and is moving in the next year right toward your Moon. So use the energy, confront your fears and let yourself be transformed. Your life might change with you, and for the better.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:52:29 PM by Farah » Logged

I am available for in depth readings by mail and phone; or in person, if you are in Barcelona. I am fluent in french, spanish and english. Contact me at  paloma@planetwaves.net
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:22:39 AM »

I would put it this way - sometimes you use astrology to plan things, and sometimes you just look at what's happening and say ah this is the astrology that brought these developments. Astrology is not all about electional, sometimes it's about knowing you're crossing the mountains and the elevation is 11,000 feet.

e
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:33:02 PM »

Dear Paloma, dear Eric,

Thank you both for your responses.
Eric, I know what you mean... there's a mountain ahead but have no idea if it's just a big hill or do I need to pack extra supplies and prepare for altitude adjustments. Now that I've mulled it over some more, knowing a bit about the landscape or about the weather doesn't seem so important anymore. The trek is inevitable so I just need to decide when I want to take the trip.

Paloma, thank you so much for sharing your feelings with me. I appreciate your directness telling me to just get on with it. It's always good to get a kind kick in the ass to get going if hesitating. I agree with you that it's an opportunity I have to seize. I won't regret trying regardless of the result, but I would regret not trying to get in contact with him.

I've always felt that if he and I are to get in touch with eachother, it would depend on me. We both have our reasons for not getting in contact. 10 yrs ago I went out on a limb, hoping that at least I would be able to understand why circumstances developed the way they did. I did then what you suggest, voiced my feelings, heard him, let go and left the door open. I got answers that I never could have imagined. The overall result was that I had more questions in the end and answers which didn't seem honest, answers which were even more difficult to digest.

Honestly "having a father" while not having a father, never seemed like much of a blessing. The experience however forced me to delve more deeply into subjects. Working through it has shaped me in ways that were meant to be. For that I'm grateful and in that sense I can say it's been a blessing.

Thanks for the info about Pluto. There's already a lot of transformation going on, so I'm glad to hear the energy will be going in a good direction moving forward, come what may.

Lots of love to you both,

Anette

I am available for in depth readings by mail and phone; or in person, if you are in Barcelona. I am fluent in french, spanish and english. Contact me at  paloma@planetwaves.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: