The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
August 12, 2020, 06:34:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To transcend your astrological chart  (Read 2916 times)
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:15:41 AM »

What are your thoughts on the reconciliation of astrology with the thought form "you create your own reality."  Some esoteric literature states that the challenge of mortality is to transcend your astrological chart.  Certainly Gandhi was successful in conquering the lustful nature indicated by his chart.  Do you think that perhaps our charts indicate both the state of evolution our spirits have attained at birth and the map we chose for ourselves to provide the experiences we need for spiritual growth?

I appreciate the wisdom I learned from the woman who introduced me to astrology in 1996.  Like Isabel Hickey, she offered that a planetary influence always offers a choice between the high road and the low road.  Another way to say it would be, "Be an actor or a reactor."

I love Gandhi's advice, "Be the change you want to see."  Perhaps the most powerful enemy we all need to overcome is fear, and that includes the fear that we do not have a choice, that we are a powerless victim, even of our natal astrology chart.

Love is the answer, but it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.  World peace will only come when we love our neighbor as ourselves, but therein lies the problem.  We fail to love ourselves with every negative thought we hold, everything unhealthy thing we ingest, everything act we perform that isn't aligned with our true loving nature.  To contemplate changing the world is overwhelming, but I can change myself, one bad habit and one day at a time.  Each day that I succeed in making a positive change, I feel lighter and happier.  There are no short cuts and no magic wands.  "To be the change we want to see" requires discipline, willingness, flexibility, faith, and courage.  It's definitely not easy, but it's so much better than the alternative of living in a state of fear and depression.  As the saying goes, "The only difference between a rut and the grave is the depth."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:41:32 PM by paloma » Logged

I am available for in depth readings by mail and phone; or in person, if you are in Barcelona. I am fluent in french, spanish and english. Contact me at  paloma@planetwaves.net
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 01:07:32 PM »

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your for sharing your thoughts with us; i find your question to be truly in the spirit of your Saggitarian Moon... i'll add it takes one to recognize one, and i've been on the same quest since i was initiated on this mysterious and fascinating path called astrology.

The dance between free will and determinism is THE question, right?

My grandmother, my first astrology teacher, who's life was devoted to meditation and yoga, told me , at the very begining of my encounter with the stars: 'las estrellas disponen pero no obligan'. The translation in english would be something like, 'stars dispose but do not force'; which i understood as the stars are disposed in a way that is like a map, but your are not forced to follow it; or in another way, the chart offer you many ways of approching the stars dispositions, but you are the one making the final decision of which way to take.

While she said this to me, she made a gesture; it was a mixture of looking at the sky and putting her hands together in front of her chest, as a reverence. She told me years later that there was the chart and the stars, yes, but above all, was God. So, in her world as an astrologer the devotion to a higher intelligence, or dimension, was more powerful that the position of the stars.

You call it love, and i agree.

Years later, i was studying with a vedic astrologer; we were discussing the different levels of karma in the vedic chart. I was fascinated by terms like neutral karma, and positive and negative karma being measured by percentages, and levels of evitability and inevitability. The idea was that you might have a 60% of inevitable negative wealth karma in your chart, meaning that you had a 40% of hard work to balance it. Although i got the idea pretty clear, and it made sense, i felt very uncomfortable with the categoric statments of evitability and inevitability. Fate or karma, for that matter, felt like a non breathing space, and (as a Moon in Sagg girl that i am) very antagonistic with freedom and a sense of positive fair play that i feel is an inherent part of life.

My teacher's answer was: 'with the constant practice of meditation and devotion you can transcend the determinism of the planets'. He added, when you meditate and you truly want to change your karma, that is from the heart, all your planets energies start to shift and move. And he made a gesture with his hands as if all the planets were revolving around, looking for a new position to operate from... at least that was what i felt. I thought this concept went well with my grandmother's ideas.

Love is the answer, but it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.  World peace will only come when we love our neighbor as ourselves, but therein lies the problem.  We fail to love ourselves with every negative thought we hold, everything unhealthy thing we ingest, everything act we perform that isn't aligned with our true loving nature.  To contemplate changing the world is overwhelming, but I can change myself, one bad habit and one day at a time.  Each day that I succeed in making a positive change, I feel lighter and happier.

Me too.

When i read this i am reminded of the polarities within the chart. Instead of looking at the houses and signs as twelve separated units, why not approach them as six units with two expressive dimensions interconnected? What you say just above, rings a bell in the Leo Aquarius and Virgo Piscis energies: on one level, my heart is part of the collective path to unconditional love, so taking care of my heart is taking care of everybodies heart, that would be Leo working with Aquarius; and, my individual thoughts are the builders of the humanities spiritual reality, tapping into an aspect of the Virgo Piscis dinamics. So, using the chart as a tool to see how my individual consciousness participates in the overall well being of the world is one way of shifting the chart's direction. Ghandi did it, right?

The moment you step out of the polarity, and think in terms of union, you are connecting with the higher dimension of your chart; this allows you to approach life in terms of service: whatever i go through on a personal level, is part of the collective process. This allow us to get off the egoic mode, which sees us sepparated, isolated, vulnerable and disconnected; instead, it connects us to something higher than ourselves.

So, the chart can be a map of an egoic approach to life, based on self gratification, material possessions, attachments, emotional struggles, etc, and it can also be a map on how we approach and deal with these instances. So you are the actor and the observer at the same time. At some point, one can tap into the soul level of the chart, the part that transmutes this energy into service and feel the karmic shift. Usually outer planets transits will push this process into one's chart.

Usually the fear and pain we carry with us is just a memory process that comes throught our geneaological tree; we inherit patterns that once made conscious in our mind free us from a weight that does not belong to us. Freeing this past karma, to put a name to it, allows us to work with new energies within the chart: it is the wheel that transforms the karma into dharma (Lunnar Nodes).

The weight of the ancestral moira is, in my opinion, what we can called determinism. If you do not move the wheel, and live your inherited script, there is little space to evolve, and it is very probable that free will, will feel elusive. But, if you do the work on bringing awarness to the past, you can choose who to be in relationship with your story; you have a perspective that gives you a space for will to act.

Free will is about having choices, and using them. Most of the time we don't know we can choose, right?

My two cents.

Again thank you for this fascinating subject. It is the core of the matter!

Yours,

Paloma

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 05:56:55 AM by paloma » Logged

I am available for in depth readings by mail and phone; or in person, if you are in Barcelona. I am fluent in french, spanish and english. Contact me at  paloma@planetwaves.net
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:52:23 PM »

A reader's comments:

Hi !
Interesting topic and one that the challenges in my own natal has encouraged me to study.
I too am enamored with Izzy Hicks and hearing her speak in Boston in the late seventies started my love affair with Astro.

I see our charts as being another idea variation- of  other ideas- that are all different metaphors for all compositions that are living. I often use the fascial system in the body to explain *how* every living thing ; be they the planetary scheme, social systems or cells seems to be constructed. The fascial system in the body is a weblike map which is laid over our muscles; a grid if you will. Thru this system our electrical , water body, neural body and cellular body conducts and informs ; both our muscles ( one reason why kinestheiology is so reliable at reporting back universal truths from the larger consciousness which surrounds us all, electrical in nature) and our being. Every fascial system has its own strengths and weaknesses. Identifying the pathways that conduct effortlessly and perfectly versus the ones which have blockages ( often formed quite literally from scars on our literal bodies) allows for each unique system to be addressed so that weaknesses may be compensated *for* , areas of static, resistence or tension made harmonious and ultimately a fascial network is created in which all data lines operate beautifully, like a solfeggio chant. I see our charts similarly.....each planet, aspect a recipie which may energize with ease or in cases of more "difficult" aspects; areas which ask us to explore how we may get the flow moving more lyrically and resistences incoprated and ultimately unblocked.( starting at its most simple and then adding layers to the chart analysis)  When I look at a chart I see uranus as our electrical system , neptune our water body and cell systems, mercuru, CNS , etc. They are incredibly revealing as example of how someone *seems* often....their physical energy and literal *vibe* .( and how they respond to their environments , literally ) They also each have their corolary as spiritual entities, emotional entities etc. While I do look at charts experientially I've found that with charts that are loaded with opportunities ( which many stressfull charts seem to be) it can be very helpful to regard it as a living system, a template , for how we are within ourselves----our living and oraganic beings. While this seems so reductionist....it can simplify a chart in the ways by which practical tools can be shared about how to get it all moving in the direction of balance with optimum expression of all potentialities as a goal. Energy needs to move; at its simplest. If it does not move well? It *kinks* . Replicated in the fascial system overlying our sensate bodies or in the heavens or in DC. God * knows*. ;->

Just a quick rant. Hope I make sense.

Uranus / cancer moon in the 12th no doubt here at the keyboard.

My Best,
m

paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:16:25 AM »

Boudicca shares part of her story with us. In the name of ASR , and myself, i thank her for her openness and generosity.

Dear Paloma,

I really appreciated your in-depth response to my comments and for sharing your grandmother's wisdom.  I also very much appreciated the comments by "m."  I recently attended a Barbara Brennan workshop on energetic healing in Colorado.  I am drawn to follow a path in healing, but I find myself questioning it and just about every other esoteric realm that I find so fascinating.  For anything spiritual to be of value, it seems to me that it must become manifest in the physical realm.

I have enjoyed a very unique life experience.  At age 20 (about the time of the last Saturn-Neptune opposition) I left college to become one of nine wives of a man 17 years my senior.  I was with him for only 12 hours when the thought came into my mind, "You know you're going to marry him, so you might as well admit it to yourself."  We were married the following day and remained together for 25 years until his death.  It's been a tough act to follow.

Slowly but surely every structure that defined me is falling away, and now I feel something like a fish out of water.  It is primarily my search for answers and direction that has kept me tuned in to astrology and reading countless books on spiritual wisdom.  What I am learning is that I am far from alone in my search.  Perhaps it is because we are all so continuously assailed by fear of just about everything, increasing control by governments and other institutions, escalating violence, and a pervasive sense of personal isolation that we seek to find meaning and a way out.  Yet, everything I have read tells me to that to find a way out, you have to find the way in for the answers lie within.  I find this is easier said than done, for "we cling to our chains unwittingly."

I subscribe to the wisdom, "Know the truth and the truth shall set you free."  With four 12th house planets including the Sun, Mars, Uranus, and Mercury, and a moon in Sagittarius, learning how to be free seems to be my life's mission.  Although my late husband was not an astrologer, he must have intuitively known of my 12th house "chains" when he told me, "You could be locked up in a cage in Peru and still be happy because no one can imprison your mind."  Victor Frankl offers evidence of this truth, winning victory over the most appalling of environments the mind can imagine in a German concentration camp with acceptance, love and kindness.

On a final note, I want to add for those readers who may be shocked by my former plural marriage lifestyle and who may believe that it is not the least bit in line with my quest for freedom, that I found it to be very liberating.  Still, our family was undoubtedly unique in that regard because my husband was first and foremost a champion of freedom, not as license but as responsibility.

With love,

Boudicca

paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 06:55:35 PM »

Stacy's comments:

Hi Paloma, All,

Let me see if I can do this in print and without listener questions and feedback. Always a challenge on this one.

Fate vs. Free Will was part of the question here. Marianne Williamson correctly observed that "To be or not to be?" is not a question. It is indecision. However, a friend has posted Rob Brezsny's words to Virgo by her desk: "Make indecisions." Hang out in the unknown. Good advice, I thought.

When I consult astrologers and astrology, I am often wanting to know the unknowable. I may not letting the mystery be the mystery. I'm compulsive about it often. However, when I can clear that which is pushing me and that which is pulling me, I am clearer, better able to just move from within.

Byron Katie tells of a time she was sitting on a bench, blissed, thinking that all was perfection, nothing to do or be or say, when "It got up." Without thought, planning or foreknowledge, she moved. I call that spontaneous right action.

The way I first heard the famous quote about astrology was, "The stars impel. They do not compel." Not even that, I think now. Now, I see them as a reflection in the kaleidoscope of time and space of which we are both a part. One piece - me, them, something else, moves and we all see a totally different picture.

Paradox, if you ask me. Who moved first?  Me or the planets?

Hard to say. Hard to say.

Love,
Stacy

"And in that dreaming weep,
 Would men but wake from out this haunted sleep,
 Turn back, oh Man forswear thy foolish ways."

- Hymn, redone in "Godspell" as Mary Magdalene's honky tonk woman piece

Love it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: