The Spiral Door: Annual Horoscope News
Front Page
Page Two Recent Offerings Weekly Magazine Horoscopes Subscribe! Feedback
Astrology Secrets Revealed
August 12, 2020, 06:33:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Astrology Questions & Answers Forum run!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

This space is a dialog with astrologers. You may submit your question to asr@planetwaves.net. By submitting a question, you agree to have the question, chart, and birth data published in Astrology Secrets Revealed, and in other projects of Planet Waves, Inc. We will not publish your contact information.

We get a lot of inquiries, so submitting a question does not guarantee an answer, but we’ll surely do our best to respond. You agree to take full responsibility for what you read on these pages, and for any information we may provide in an answer. Astrology in this format is a form of personally applicable mythical fiction. Answers are not astrological counseling or consulting, they are merely the opinion of an astrologer.

Some of the astrologers here do give personal readings, and you can find out more here.
When you submit a question, please write out your birth date (such as August 31, 2006) and remember the time and place of your birth. If you are a member of this forum, you may submit your query, or a comment, by private message to an astrologer. Participants in this forum also agree to abide by the Planet Waves Terms of Service, located here.

Astrologers who respond are listed here.

This forum is sponsored by your subscriptions to Planet Waves Weekly. To learn more, please visit this link.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chiron: Lightning in a Jar  (Read 4228 times)
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: September 30, 2006, 11:46:01 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Many thanks for making this opportunity available I really appreciate it..

I have a question about a blind spot that I seem to have with my chart.  I am fairly competent at astrology and have an understanding of the way my chart works - although I am always looking to go deeper and uncover more...I just can't seem to get a feel for what Chiron is about. It is in Aquarius and I currently have Saturn opposing it - this will be exact over the weekend.

Everytime I try to get some clue about it I space out, or my mind just goes somewhere else. It's like trying to put the two identical ends of a magnet together as nothing connects - it repels. Which naturally makes me wonder about this and how it must hold some important clues that I am not getting. Neptune will be conjuncting this point soon too - and I feeling this sense of urgency about it.

Any comments very welcome.

-- Helen

http://planetwaves.net/chart.php?c=chiron_blind_spot
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 11:50:52 AM by Eric Francis » Logged
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »

Dear Helen:

It is often the case that Chiron represents a blind spot in one's chart, but it can also represent an unexplored dimension of thought or experience. It's not exactly a coincidence that you're feeling a necessity to go there with Saturn in exact aspect. This is a chance to ground your Chiron. If it's any consolation, Chiron in Aquarius is one of those positions of Chiron that's a bit challenging to make tangible; it's like trying to catch lightning in a jar.

In part due to how astrology has been practiced in the past, there is a belief that we are supposed to look at Chiron and give a reading of what it means. I don't take this approach and I don't advocate it. It denies the person whose chart it is the ownership of their life and experience.

What I've found is the best way to let the themes and messages of Chiron emerge is to use biographical material. Indeed, I find this to be the best way to open up the chart, whether Chiron is a factor or not, but primarily using Chiron for this purpose. I am surprised how many astrologers and astrology students resist this, but the pressure on us to "know something" is high, including coming from the client. We are not supposed to have to work out the chart, we're supposed to just know it at first sight. I would really like to see this assumption about astrology and astrologers go into the dustbin of esoteric history.

Anyway -- here are some of your lifetime Chiron transits. I'm not going to say what they are to avoid prejudicing you; when I post your responses to the general quality and developments of the time frames involved (I'll select five), I'll add in what the transit was. Please don't check the ephemeris, just offer a brief overview of that time in your life. If nothing comes to mind, just start with your address at the time. If you were very young, please describe your family situation as you've been told it was.

Please write 100 to 200 words per time frame, remembering I'll be publishing them. If there's stuff that you don't want published, please say so clearly. Thanks Helen!!

-- Spring 1960
-- Early 1973
-- Spring 1982
-- All of 1989
-- All of 1998

One last thing: can you please write me a paragraph on the role of religion in your mother's life, and how this reached into your life?

Thanks for your cooperation with this little project. With any luck at all, we'll learn a bit.

e
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 11:49:58 AM by Eric Francis » Logged
Eric Francis
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 02:27:29 PM »

Hello...here are Helen's replies. Now, we need to apply the most important astrological skill...pattern recognition. Let's see what we see. If you notice something that rings a bell, please send your observation to asr@planetwaves.net. Thanks and thanks Helen!

love
e

=========

Spring 1960  - I was about two years old and this period of my life is hazy - we were living on an RAF station as my dad was in RAF
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 01:01:17 PM »

Stacy's comments:

Okay... pattern recognition . . .

Helen's Chiron is in Aquarius in the 9th house. Hence, the religion query? Not sure why her mother, specifically.

It's pretty obvious that she moves during all of these transits. She also mentions financial tensions.

I suspect she may be poly from some of her phrasing about her living situation, but I can't assume it, either. With Mars & Venus both in Aquarius, it seems very likely. She talks about her spirituality often. Chiron in the 9th house... hmm...would that make her spirituality a place of wounding, making it hard to see her own spirituality?

I usually see patterns very easily, but these seem so obvious. I don't think I have found anything particularly deep or insightful.

~ Stacy

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much most of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

- Douglas Adams
                                        Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I am available for in depth readings by mail and phone; or in person, if you are in Barcelona. I am fluent in french, spanish and english. Contact me at  paloma@planetwaves.net
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 01:02:27 PM »

Jakie's comment:

Hi Helen!

It seems to me your last paragraph quite perfectly describes Chiron in Aquarius, near Mars (also in Aquarius), both in the ninth house: group work in nonconformist spirituality.  Being the focus of a T square, it is a challenge to balance Spirit, your own creative force and the community within which you learn and grow.  Mars impels you to do it anyway.  Did I understand correctly what you said?  If it helps, this kind of integration is really a gift to all of us.  Thank you for doing it.

Jackie
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 01:04:17 PM by paloma » Logged

I am available for in depth readings by mail and phone; or in person, if you are in Barcelona. I am fluent in french, spanish and english. Contact me at  paloma@planetwaves.net
paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »

Toni's comments:

I notice that everything she mentions is about homes and moving and trying to her own form of sprituality. 

paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 02:15:02 AM »

Mary's comment:

A wonderful question and excellent responses. If I may, please allow me to offer my view.

As another Chiron in Aquarius, I can speak to some of this aspect, though Chiron is 1 degree Aquarius and is in my 12th house. I've been experiencing my Chiron return this past year and have had some great moments of clarity (she says humbly!) about my old childhood stuff. We were a strict Catholic family and there was no such thing as individual rights or appreciation for the unique quality of the various kids within the family network. I was beaten down repeatedly for sticking out and living out loud. Until which time I shut down.

I came to understand that this resulted in an inability to trust in group anything and was about this early imprint. I moved around a ton looking for my "peeps", a la The Wizard of Oz, until I became OK in my party of 1.

While I'm no astrologer, in any sense of the word, I would think someone with a 9th house Chiron would search out a spirituality that honors the inner connection to divine and that connection then aspected in network of equal minded devotes. I, my divine self, meet you and yours at spirit. Any top down approach would feel antithetical and impossible to withstand.

Thank you guys for letting me participate ... no wonder I like it "here" -- this is a group where each most individual spirit is honored. Now doesn't that just feel perfect!

Mary

paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 07:30:12 AM »

Helen's comment:

Hi Paloma,

Thanks for posting these comments and to thanks to everyone who has commented so far - I think I am getting a sense of what this is about.

I notice how I have been struggling to find an inner home - to be at home with myself. I also notice that over this life life I have tried to fit in with other's beliefs and ideologies and how this doesn't work for me - even if they are quite enlightened.

I also feel that the wound itself goes back to  a past life. I had a powerful past life regression a couple of years back and explored about four lives in the process.

The first three were ones in which I was part of a native culture and usually one of the healers/helpers in the group. I was very much my own person, and in two of them was fleeing from authorities who didn't agree with what I was doing.

The last one was as a young German Jew about five or six years old - and if you have been reading the articles Eric has been writing you will guess what happened next. The person who was doing the regression stopped it before I arrived at the concentration camp because it was becoming so emotional - most of my family had already gone.

Whilst re-experiencing these scenes I had this huge feeling in my chest like a bird trying to escape - a fluttering that was really weird - I have never had it before or since. As you can imagine you don't just suddenly die and then have a sparkly clean emotional state to start out again with - I am sure the trauma of this has haunted me through this life as I have been fighting a sense of hopelessness and needing to belong and yet not really feeling I could belong anywhere. It wasn't until I had the regression that many things clicked into place.

Another and really major part of this is being the victom of someone's insane ideology - and of being swept up insomething inhuman and so against life and love.

I admit that when  saw the first pictures Eric put up I nearly vomited over the computer and experienced this loud ringing in one ear. Now I have gone into it again I can read the articles and look at the pictures and it is OK, although there is this sense of fear mingled with disgust, mingled with total horror in the background. It is the overlay of this coming through into this life that I feel may be the Chiron wound. Does that make sense?

Love to you all - Helen

paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 04:00:23 AM »

Patricia's comments for Helen:

Last year I was treated by a truly gifted osteopathic healer who worked with the spiritual energy as well as the physical body. While being treated by him I shared some of my

paloma
Global Moderator

aquipaloma@yahoo.fr
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »

Helen's response to Patricia:

Hi Patricia,

I guess it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: